Electrical Supply & Reporting Power Outages

Stockton’s electrical supply is managed by JCPL. Please see their information below about power restoration.

In the event outages occur due to severe weather, customers without power are encouraged to report their outage by calling 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877), clicking the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com, or by texting out to 544487.

Customers should immediately report downed wires to 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) or call their local police department.  JCP&L reminds customers to stay away from downed wires, even if they believe they are no longer carrying electricity.  Extra caution should be used in areas where downed lines are tangled with trees or other debris.  Motorists are cautioned to treat intersections with inoperable traffic signals as four-way stops.

JCP&L customers can subscribe to email and text message alert notifications to receive weather updates in advance of major storms and updates on scheduled or extended power outages.  Visit www.firstenergycorp.com/connect to enroll.

Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL or online at www.jcp-l.com

If your neighbor’s power is on and yours is not

Please check look at this link to better understand the power restoration process. https://www.firstenergycorp.com/help/outages/storm_restorationprocess.html

Safety When Using Generators (from JCPL) Jersey Central Power & Light reminds customers to take precautions when using generators during power outages.  Emergency power generators offer an option for customers needing or wanting uninterrupted service.  However, to ensure the safety of the home’s occupants as well as that of utility company employees who may be working on power lines in the area, the proper generator should be selected and installed by a qualified electrician.  When operating a generator, the power coming from the home should always be disconnected.  Otherwise, power from the generator could be sent back into the utility lines, creating a hazardous situation for utility workers.

Generator users are reminded to keep carbon monoxide detectors in their homes and to keep generators and their exhaust far from the home. Generators should not be operated in living spaces, garages, crawlspaces, basements, or under porches. Exhaust should be pointed away from living areas to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Follow all manufacturers instructions to avoid fire hazards and carbon monoxide poisoning.